Seagrown Seaweed Recipes
09 April 2021
Wondering what you can do with Seagrown seaweed?
To mark National Curry Week, why not rustle up this creamy fish curry for a warming mid-week meal?
- 6 finely chopped shallots
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Fresh ginger
- 1 green chilli
- 750g white fish (from sustainable sources)
- Teaspoon of mustard seeds
- Curry leaves
- SeaGrown Kombu Seaweed Salt Alternative
- 1 tablespoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 400g coconut milk
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- Fresh corianderGetting Started Cooking
- Mix shallots, minced garlic, ginger and chilli.
- Heat oil in a large pan, add mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Cook until the seeds begin popping.
- Stir in the chilli/garlic mix and cook on a medium heat to gently soften.
- Blend chilli powder, turmeric and a splash of water in the pan then heat for 1 minute before adding coconut milk and tomatoes.
- Stir in Kombu Seaweed Salt Alternative and black pepper to taste. Add fish and bring to the boil. Simmer for 20 minutes, or until the fish is cooked and the sauce has reduced.
- Scatter coriander or curry leaves, lemon slices and a little more Kombu Seaweed Salt Alternative to serve.