Delivery & Terms
Delivery & Terms for Whitby Hampers
Once a hamper leaves our premises safely packaged we have no control over any events/delays incurred by Royal Mail / Parcel Force or DPD. However we are happy to offer advice to customers regarding any items contained within the hampers if a delay occurs, but will not be held liable if this advice is not adhered to.
We aim to deliver our goods to UK addresses within 2-3 working days on our standard UK delivery option. We also offer upgraded and premium delivery services which may include an additional premium, where we may give you the option of choosing or indicating a day for delivery, neither Whitby Hampers nor our carriers guarantee any time or date of delivery: there are sometimes events beyond our control that may affect the delivery date and normal transit times. We will do everything we can to arrange deliver on the date requested.
- Delivery based on a 24 hour Next Day service Tuesday to Friday. No deliveries can be made on a Monday as DPD / Parcel Force refuse to hold food items in their warehouses over weekends.
- An additional premium of £12.50 is charged for Saturday and Sunday deliveries or any specific timeslot premium delivery services. This is a charge by DPD which we pass on to our customers with no margin.
- We cannot be held responsible for parcels not delivered or collected due to any incorrect delivery information given or if the recipient is out or away, or in the unlikely event your parcel is delayed through no fault of our own.
- Any hampers containing alcohol must be signed for by someone over 18 years of age. The delivery driver has the right to refuse delivery if sufficient ID isn't provided if requested.
- It is illegal in the UK to sell ALCOHOL to anyone under the age of 18. It is an offence for anyone under the age of 18 to buy or attempt to buy alcohol from Whitby Hampers ltd. It is illegal for anyone under the age of 18 to sign for and receive a hamper containing alcohol. You must confirm that you understand this before placing any orders with us and this will be a request on our correspondence when finalising your order.
Unforseen Circumstances and Delivery Delays
- While every effort will be made to meet customers’ orders/requests, cancellations or variations may be necessary as a result of an act of God, war, strike, lockout, labour dispute, pandemic, fire, flood, severe weather or other causes beyond the control of Whitby Hampers ltd
Returns Due to Unsuccessful Delivery Attempts
- We cannot accept responsibility for the wrong order or non-delivery, resulting from incorrect information or addresses being provided. If goods are returned to us via the courier following unsuccessful delivery attempts and where delivery instructions have been met, refunds will not be given. In these circumstances the customers may request for the goods to be re-sent. This would incur a delivery charge of £7.95. Unfortunately you will not be entitled to a refund if this is an error on your part. If you are not sure of the address we would recommend you check before proceeding with your order.
- Please note that delivery dates may be affected by adverse weather conditions. While every attempt will be made to ensure the gift arrives on the preferred date, sometimes this may not be possible due to conditions beyond our control.
Please note that that food items may contain allergens such as nuts, egg, milk & gluten and you should be aware that our hampers are stored and packaged in environments in which nuts may be present. Details of ingredients of item are as supplied by the manufacturer, are shown on manufacturers' packaging and/or on our website(s) and are available on request.